Thanks Bob W and Bob S and Brian.

Bob S - no not a Waxwing, but a Tufted Titmouse. This was taken at my father-in-law's home in mid-Michigan; he does have occasional Cedar Waxwings passing through, but I haven't been at the right place at the right time to get any shots of them. The house is on a riverbank, the neighbors on either side are not too close and are well screened by trees and shrubs, and the land across the river is a large nature sanctuary. Deer frequently cross the river to graze and forage, the wild turkeys roost in the trees beside the house; four varieties of squirrels (Red, Grey, Black, and Red Ground Squirrel), possums, raccoons, muskrat, groundhogs, and many song birds are just some of the regular visitors. So my visits there are always an opportunity for wildlife shots. My wife and I plan to relocate there some day, hopefully well into the future, when my parents-in-law are no longer able to continue living there.

I've edited the titles and captions to add the birds' names. (I also moved the Downy Woodpecker shot into this gallery from the PESO section.)

Note that I treat bird photography the same way many people treat street photography - I often don't know the names of my subjects... Roger Tory Peterson and Mr. Audubon and his Society are a great help in after-the-fact identifications.

Bob W - I understand your comment about your Kite sighting. One of the things I appreciate about the region of the U.S. where I currently live is the large number, and variety, of raptors in the area. It is unusual to travel more than a mile anyplace outside the city without seeing one or two in flight or perched on a utility pole or tree limb. And yet every sighting is special.

Brian - if you like minimalist, check the moon shots in my PESO section - Jupiter isn't in the frame on these! All of these took a fair amount of post-production correction; it was too cold outside for me to take the needed time to find an EV that wouldn't totally blow out the highlight details in the crescent moon.

stan