Thanks for all of the comments on this - much appreciated.

Some specific replies......

Bob W said: "Bit of a Michael Busselle in Tuscany influence going on
there."

Thanks - I have a couple of Busselle's books.  I like his work.

Ken, Frank, Christine and Bruce suggested that the sky be cropped -
about half of the sky above the tallest tree.

I hadn't considered that.  It does seem to improve the composition
without losing any of the slanting clouds.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Subash, Ann, Bruce, Marnie and Dave commented on my statement that I
wasn't sure "if the Norfolk Island Pines add to or detract from the
composition" and indicated that the trees added to the composition of
the image.

I didn't express myself very well.  I should have said "the arrangement
of the Norfolk Island Pines" ....

I didn't mean to suggest that the image would be better without them.  I
was just wondering whether a different shooting position, that made the
left hand pine less central in the image and clumped the three trees
closer together, would have resulted in a better composition.

Rick suggested (and Marnie and Luiz agreed) that the left-hand distant
clump of trees be brightened a bit, "so that it looks less like a giant
cow patty"

Hmmm - that would be one very large cow....  Point accepted, however!

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia