I use both the AF540 and Sigma 500DG-Super on a DS and DS2, generally bouncing off the wall behind me or left/right and seem to get more consistent results if the zoom on the flash is set to manual rather than letting it zoom with the lens. I don't know why that should make a difference, but it does.

For all its cost, I got results as good or better with my old Sunpak 522 potato masher. Sometimes I wonder if I should have spent the extra $$ for the Metz 58 AF-1.

-p

Bob Sullivan wrote:
Dave,
I'm using a AF540 flash on the K20D.
The results are inconsistent, or perhaps I just don't know how to use it.
I prefer the TTL flash on the *istDS and used it before I had the
AF540 with better results.
Painful considering how much the AF540 costs...
Regards,  Bob S.