I think you'll find the DS a pleasant camera to use.  Were it not for
the lack of shake reduction, I may have delayed upgrading.

Re rechargeable batteries.  It's been said before here but worth
repeating that Sanyo Eneloops are far superior to most other
rechargeables.  They just go on and on.....

Cheers

Brian

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia

On Tue,  6 Jan 2009 18:51:38 -0200, "Luiz Felipe"
<luiz.fel...@techmit.com.br> said:
> Again, thanks for facts and ideas. I don't believe in large baskets as
> ideal media to carry eggs, but then there are moments when the extra
> space is useful. I seem to need changing film at the worst moments,
> sometimes, and using 2 or 4gb SDHC cards would allow me to change the
> cards at ease, not because I have to. The same goes for the batteries -
> AA are easily available, and while they don't last long, they may close
> the gap after the d...@#ed rechargeables quit and the spares fall in the
> water/ quicksand/ under the whatever.
>
> As you may have noticed, my constant nightmare is gear failure. I ended
> 2008 with more gear in need of overhaul than working, and not exactly
> happy about it. Not that an used DS2 will outlast a brand new K2000 - it
> shouldn't, but I already finished sessions or trips using the second,
> older and not so capable camera... so being able to use any card in any
> camera (or battery, lens...) is my goal. As the DS is happy with SDHC, it
> becomes a serious alternative to my bag, and even if it isn't up to the
> K10/20/2000 level, it's cheaper and said to be a good performer in its
> class. Maybe... and I'd rather a DS of my own than a borrowed XTi. There
> is also the K100d/ Super...
>
> Now, the moment I win the lottery...
>
> Luiz Felipe
> luiz.felipe at techmit.com.br