On Jan 15, 2009, at 11:13, frank theriault wrote:

The other big celebrity death of the day, Mr. Roarke:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090114.wmontalban0114/BNStory/Entertainment/home

I've read a few other obits and bios.  None of them mention my most
enduring memory of the man, shilling Chrysler Cordobas with seats of
"Corinthian Leather".

I was crushed when, years later, I discovered that there's no such
thing as Corinthian Leather, that it was a plastic fake.  My world has
never been the same since...

!!

You break my heart, Frank.  No such thing?   :-(

I remember the first time I saw Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn. WOW. This is not the Mr. Roarke I thought I knew!

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com
Minneapolis, MN