It wasn't plastic. The Cordoba was available with leather facing on the seats. "Corinthian" was just Chrysler branding. (Virtually no cars have all-leather seats, in part for reasons of durability.) Young & Rubicam made the Cordoba commercials. My former partner, Joe Puhy, shot them. He said Ricardo Montalban was very pleasant and easy to work with.
Paul