Install ffdshow. http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDshow.htm
Default options, which don't seem to work with Media Player, work just
fine with Media Player Classic.
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Media_Player_Classic.htm  MPC is a
single executable - nothing to install.  As best I can tell, both of
these packages are open source, so you're not breaking any stupid DRM
laws.

--
Scott Loveless
Cigarette-free since December 14th, 2008