In a message dated 1/19/2009 11:37:54 A.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
fotor...@gmx.de writes:
A night view of the ferry  terminal, the Bassin du Paradis, the quarter
of the old fish auction hall (le  Minck) and the lighthouse in Calais,
France. Because of the extreme contrast  between the illumination of the
ferry terminal and the dark basin with the  fishing boats in the
foreground I had to crank five shots (30 sec to 1 sec)  through
Photomatix to keep the lights from going way over the top. No DRI,  just
blended to tame the lights.

The two resulting images were then  combined in PanoTools to form the
panorama.

Of course, the computer  screen doesn't do justice to the enormous amount
of detail.

http://www.fotocommunity.fr/pc/pc/mypics/841415/display/15722381

As  always, your comments and suggestions...  :-)

Ralf

============
Great.

Suggestions? Moi? I have no  idea how you do what you do, so suggestions from
me are to be taken with a grain  of salt. A BIG grain. My eye wanders around
a bit wondering where to go. I'd try  lightening the water a tad on the right
by the wall, see if it looks better or  worse, improves eye flow or not. Just
a tad.

But, still, great as  always.

Marnie aka Doe  :-)

Warning: I am now  filtering my email, so you may be censored.

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)