hi,

i've been thinking of getting a good p&s to take with me on my
once-a-year, long motorcycle rides. because of space constraints and
the terrain through which we ride, it is usually near impossible to take
more than one lens. last year i took the DA 16-45mm. now i have the
sigma 10-20mm for that purpose. but, in addition, having a 'pocketable'
p&s, i thought, would be nice to cover a range of other situations.

so just got myself a canon g2. ;-) 2001 vintage but it's in very good
condition, got it cheap second-hand and for a camera introduced in
2001, it's got some pretty nifty features: a relatively large sensor
for a p&s, extensive manual controls (aperture and shutter priorities),
dedicated buttons for a range of functions, a nice 34-102/f2-2.5 lens,
an lcd display *and* it shoots RAW. i think these are amazing features
for a camera of that vintage. i will get my hands on it only next week
or so...but any of you got any experience with this camera you'd like
to share?

TIA, regards, subash