Didn't think this would ever happen, but I'm considering selling my FA*28~70
f/2.8 AL lens.
I did a fairly serious comparison of its images to those produced by my DA
16~45 f/4 and feel it slightly out performs it. I'm beginning to feel that The
small difference isn't significant enough to justify my packing it around (a
bit heavy) and not using it.
This is the lens I mentioned having dropped with frigid fingers a few falls
back while in Grand Teton NP while attempting to mount it. It dropped maybe
12-14" onto a rock wall at the Snake River Overlook. A mounting ring flange was
bent just enough that the lens wouldn't mount.
When I returned home, I sent it to Pentax CO. for repair and CLA.
The mounting ring was replaced, of course, and it has worked as new since.
Am attaching a picture of along with one of the slightly scuffed hood (not
dented) and one showing three small dings at the base including one on the edge
of the aperture ring.
I need help with a price. Will happily read your giggle ideas, but at some
point I'll need to enter base bid when posted on eBay..if it comes to that.

Thanks for your help!

Jack

http://photolightimages.com/aspupload/detail.asp?ID=379

http://photolightimages.com/aspupload/detail.asp?ID=380