Hi Shel,

I believe that the "SMC Pentax 1:1.2 50mm" is the later version of the
K50/f1.2 because the "mm" in the name of K series lenses exists only for K
series lenses that were still made while the M series lenses were already
there. As I understand it, my "SMC Pentax 1:1.8/85", my "SMC Pentax
1:3.5/135" and my "SMC Pentax 1:5.6/400" were produced before Pentax
introduced the "SMC Pentax-M 1:2 85mm", the "SMC Pentax-M 1:3.5 135mm" and
the "SMC Pentax-M 1:5.6 400mm". Most of the other K series lenses that I
own, e.g. the "SMC Pentax 1:1.2 50mm" or the "SMC Pentax 1:2.5 135mm", have
the "mm" in the name. They are lenses which were not replaced by M lenses.
Probably most such K series lenses exist in two versions, one with the "/",
one with "mm".

Whether the coatings of the different versions differ much I am not sure,
but the coating of my "SMC Pentax 1:1.2 50mm" surely looks different from
the coatings of the "SMC Pentax 1:1.8/85" and of the  "SMC Pentax
1:3.5/135".

Arnold