Larry Colen wrote:
On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 04:24:02PM -0500, Paul Stenquist wrote:
# I'm an Islay guy. Laphroig or Lagavulin for me. Give me peat!

OK, this is something that's bugged me for a long time. Is there a resource out there on the Internet, or anywhere else, where I can figure out how to pronounce (a) Scottish names/words and (b) Welsh names/words? I'm /not/ kidding. "Islay" looks easy but I bet I don't pronounce it like the natives. And the other two are just beyond me. And we won't even get into the "forty-three-consonants-in-a-row" stuff that shows up in whatever the Welsh call their language (Welsh? some flavor of Gaelic?).

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)