I'm not sure this was worth the trouble.  When the color balance for the sky
was correct the foreground was very blue, when the color balance for the
foreground was correct the color balance in the sky was way way way too
yellow/orange.  I processed two images in the raw converter, one balanced for
the sky, one for the foreground, created a quick mask, in Photoshop and
combined the two images.  The scene looks the way I remember it, but there are
more than a few artifacts in strange places, (not really visible in the web
sized image).

http://home.earthlink.net/~morephotos/PESO%20--%20baretree.html

Equipment:  Pentax *ist-Ds/smc Pentax 28-70mm f4.0.

As usual comments are welcome but may be totally ignored.

--
I want to die peacfuly in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming like the
passengers in his car...

Will Shriner