David Savage wrote:
G'day All,

One from this most recent road trip:

<http://flickr.com/photos/disavage/3231298408/>

Direct link (~130kb):
<http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3128/3231298408_3c2b43e5eb_o.jpg>

This statue is one of 51 that make up part of the "Inside Australia"
art installation surrounding the island located at Lake Ballard (salt
lake) near Menzies in the Goldfields.

D700, 20mm f2.8, 602 seconds @ f5.6, ISO 500.

On a technical note, even the D700's much vaunted sensor doesn't
appreciate high ambient temperatures. This shot was taken at around
10:30pm and it was around 30-35 degrees C. This has been the worst
example of noise I've seen on this camera & required quite a bit of
work in PS to clean it up.

That being said, none of my Pentax DSLR's would have been able to
produce this shot anywhere near as cleanly.

Cheers,

Dave

Oh, just saw this too. Excellent androgyny. Vertical testicles and breastical action.

Cooler than Erich von Däniken.

der...@iinet.net.au
http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc