Joseph Tainter wrote:

> My question is: which gives the highest color saturation? Agfa Vista 400
> and Superia Extra 400 look like possible candidates. Has anyone compared
> their color saturation? Are there other candidates I should consider?

I don't shoot colour negative film very often, but my wife does. Once
said this, in the process of getting used to the MZ-S, I have used
several negative films, and I tried the Agfa Vista 400. It is saturated,
but it is also the worst Agfa film I've ever tried, it is grainy, not
sharp at all, and its lack of contrast sucks.
I have also (and my wife has used it a lot in the last pair of years)
used Superia, both in 100 and 400 ISO speeds. The 400 Superia is an
excellent film, it yields very good colour, saturated but not unnatural,
and the grain is not noticeable, even in the enlargments we've had done,
although those are not big (18x24 cm., I think). It also scans very
well.