Connecticut had it's record snowfall not more than 5 years ago, IIRC.  More
than 100 inches in a season.  I can't remember which year but the local
authorities made a big deal about it.  I think the City cited was Hartford,
(the state capitol).  I poked around a bit but couldn't find it cited
anywhere...