I see. But I wasn't going to scan film. If I was, I believe I'd stick to
digital photographing, cause your're right - film scanning is a very difficult
business.
My point og view was, that what the lab does, when making prints, is in
practice very similar to what I do, when I convert and edit RAW files and final
JPEGs or TIFFs. But the lab does is it very fast, and with no trouble for me.
They can even scan the prints too and deliver a disc for my client.

My boss - or more correctly - my former boss - can't understand why I spend so
musch time eidting and converting. Snapshooteres just load theri camera card
into the computer. End of story - the job is done. But I can't work like that.
I need to go throug each and every shot in Capture One and Photoshop. Recently
I skiped the Photoshop part, thus delivered shots with some dust spots.

Now, I am a professional photographer - and I can work as a very well please.
That is very nice. But now I need all kinds of time saving stuff - like auto
tagging (XMP) and GPS posistion coding :-)

Maby film is not such a good idea, anyway. But I just hate having to spend so
many hours at the computer. I'd rather go make money with my cameras.

Regards
Jens

--
Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.