Hi all

Thanks for all of the comments on this. Much appreciated.

Godders thought that the contrast and shadows were a bit harsh.  On
reflection, that's probably true - I did boost the contrast.  I'll back
it off a touch and also work on the shadows of the rope to allow the
decking texture to show through.

Cotty suggested that the "ropey bits" be cloned out.  Well, I had a go
at that but the image then seems to lack any clear point of interest.  I
should have taken more photos with and without the ropes when I was
there :-(>

Bruce said "there can never be too much cliché".  Too bloody right!!

Other comments concerned the "posed" nature of the shot.  I obviously
should have tried to make it look more like the ropes had fallen
randomly into place (or perhaps I should have submitted it to the PUG -
it would have fitted the "posed" theme quite well....)

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia