This year my wife and I have decided to finally embrace the Canadian
winter, so we joined a ski club and went to Quebec for our first
three-days long weekend ski trip. We didn't do so much skiing (you
can't call that thing I do skiing anyway) but this gave me the chance
to visit Quebec city. Quebec struck me as nice picturesque
european-like city; I don't recall seen so much snow together in my
life.

I also had the chance to check out The Ice Hotel (which is, well, a
hotel made of ice); the ice-carving work done on the walls is
impressive, considering the hotel will eventually melt away and be
rebuilt next year. Note to myself: next time I should remember to
bring my flash (how often you are sure you can bounce your light on
ice-white walls...)

Anyway, I put together some snaps, nothing fancy:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ferand/sets/72157613712387083/show/

Cheers,

Fernando

--