From: Marnie aka Doe
This is not good.

It seems a bit more complicated than you just can't photograph. But any infringement is not good.

And I worry about things like that crossing the pond.,

It'd be a lot harder for them to put you in jail for 10 years here in the U.S. We do still have the 1st Amendment and so far the new administration seems to be more mindful of the law; i.e. the government is not above the law, nor are citizens below it.

I do not propose complacency or an "it can't happen here" attitude, only that it would be more difficult for our government to do something like that.

In Oakland, California, recently it is only because a lot of bystanders used their cell phone video cameras and cameras, that a Bart "cop" was charged with murder (not gone to trail yet) for shooting an unarmed, facedown man in the back. Although not the police police, they have persisted in calling them cops so I presume they have some legal standing as cops. Those cell phone video cameras and cameras are a boon to humanity wanting to preserve civil rights. And I'd really like see anyone get all of humanity to NOT use them when they see things they think need recording.

Can't be done. So stop worrying about  people using DSLRs.

Interesting thing about those cell phone cameras. I had someone tell me the other day that Pentax manufactures the majority of the cameras that go into cell phones.

Anyone know if that's true?