On Thu, 20 Dec 2001 22:37:35 +1000, Rob Studdert wrote:

> Doesn't the conversion of an RGB source image to CMYK compress the colour gamut
> somewhat particularly the greens?

I'm not sure exactly what it does, but it does change the colors a
little bit.  I mainly notice it in a slight "lightening" of any dark
colors in the image.  But the effect is small and unobtrusive, so I
usually don't bother correcting it.  If necessary, a small shot of
contrast and/or brightness (darkness actually) will get it back after
conversion back to RGB. The intersection of the RGB and CMYK color
spaces is definitely smaller than either of them (they don't perfectly
overlap).

TTYL, DougF