It's very difficult to light a car for flash photography. The studio
photogs use giant heavily diffused light boxes hung from the ceiling of
a big studio. The boxes have to be positioned just so to achieve
acceptable highlights, and they have to be augmented with various
reflectors and flags. It's like trying to take a picture of a mirror.
Use the available light. Forget about the flash.
Paul