From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
keith_w
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 2:57 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Amusing square-format dSLR rumor

Larry Colen wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 09:50:16PM -0500, JC OConnell wrote: # Whiz?
> In what class?, remedial school? #
> # a square IS a rectangle. a square photo format is still a
rectangular
> # format.
> # its just a rectangle with all four sides equal length.

> Oh, c'mon now. Next thing you'll be telling us that a square is a
> rhombus, or a trapezoid.

While all 4 corners of both a square and a rectangle must be 90 degrees,
the
commonly accepted (preferred) definition states that a rectangle has
adjacent
sides of UNequal length.

I think it's really stretching it to call a square a rectangle, since a
square's
sides MUST be of equal length.

I'm in favor of differentiating the two.
I mean, if I was asked...  :-D

keith whaley

follow the directions.