Gotta agree with Tom on this one.  The little detachable viewfinder that sits
on top of the camera doesn't determine distances for focussing (or any other)
purposes.  Since the Bessa L was designed for very wide-angle lenses, you can
pretty much set the lenses to infinity anyway (or so I've been told).

regards,
frank

--
"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist
fears it is true." -J. Robert