Hi Everyone,

Now that my messages are getting through, I thought I should take a
moment to introduce myself. [stands up as chair makes scraping sound
against floor]

Hi, my name is Miserere, and I shoot Pentax.

I also enjoy long walks on the beach and strive for World peace, but
I'm sure that's not important right now.

I'm not a photography expert, but I play one on the internet, most
notably on my blog, Enticing the Light:

http://enticingthelight.wordpress.com/

on which I count with the help of my e-friend Peter Zack. He's
Canadian, but I don't hold that against him.

I spent a few months writing a Friday article (and other short posts)
on Yvon Bourque's PentaxDSLRs blog. If you're REALLY bored, you can
find those articles here:

http://pentaxdslrs.blogspot.com/search/label/Miserere

In my spare time, I have a geeky day job in the Boston suburbs. At
least for the next 6 months, after that I'll be accepting donations.

I recognise some of the names posting here from other fora, and I've
annoyed Godfrey in the past with an e-mail or two, but he would do
well not to vouch for me.

As a last note I would like to publicly curse Mark Roberts for
creating *that* VIvitar page, which means I know who (and when) made
any Vivitar lens simply by looking at the serial number. I wish I
could remember my social security  or my frequent flyer number with
such ease, but I can't! Damn you, Mr Roberts! Seriously, do I *really*
have to know which of 5 different models a particular 70-210mm VIvitar
lens is just by looking at it? For that lens I don't even have to look
at the serial #, I know it all with one look at a crappy Ebay photo.
Can't I have a useful super power, like being able to turn anything I
touch into PB & Jam mix?

OK, OK, I'll calm down. I feel better now.

So where was I? Oh yes, I look forward to many useless discussions
with you guys in the coming weeks (because let's face it, Pentax is
going down soon--I read it on the internet) and hopefully I'll be able
to finally learn how to take a good photograph. I spent a lot of my
wife's hard-earned dollars on my Pentax equipment and she wants to
know what I have to show for it.

See you around,

 --M.

PS: The reason I finally decided to join this list was because of the
2008 PDML Photography book. I have one on order, but flicking through
the preview PDF made me realise that this is a community worth
belonging to. Great job, guys!