We got back from a pleasant weekend in Exeter around mid-day one week ago, and
the phone rang.  It was my mother; my father (who had severe dementia) had
developed pneumonia, and wasn't expected to live long.

We did the laundry, re-packed, and the next morning were winging our way to
JFK.  He died that morning, while we were on the plane.  The funeral was
Saturday.

About 36 hours before the funeral, we phoned my father-in-law.  His speech was
very slurred, and he was having trouble finding words.  Long story short, he
was admitted to the hospital with a small stroke or big TIA (transient ischemic
attack).  He's doing better, and should be going to rehab in a day or two.

So yesterday we drove from New Haven (where my family is headquartered) down to
New Brunswick (where my father-in-law is); we are now in a hotel near Newark
airport with a flight back to the UK tomorrow morning.

I am exhausted.  I am trying to ignore the 732 unread PDML messages...

I did a little shooting during a calming walk along a beach in Connecticut, and
may post a PESO later.

Rick

http://photo.net/photos/RickW