On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 10:10:55PM -0500, eactiv...@aol.com wrote:

# =========
# What amazes me is how many publish their  own books.

Been there, done that:

http://red4est.com/pdapi

I've been teaching performance driving for a car club for about 20
years. Back around '92 I put together some teaching notes, gave a copy
to the guy that runs the club http://www.nasaproracing.com/
He said to turn them into a book and they'd sell it at the school.

So I did. I had a master copy at a printerss, and when I'd need
another batch they'd run them off. Unfortunately the master was lost,
and I was halfway through the update. I've been trying to get around
to finishing the update for about 15 years.  Oh well.

There's a reason that I write software for a living rather than
publishing books. Now that they're national, I might actually be able
to sell enough to pay for more than the ones I'd give away.

--
Photographs are like sentences, the best ones have both subjects and verbs.
Larry Colen             l...@red4est.com            http://www.red4est.com/lrc