On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 09:47:59PM -0000, Bob W wrote:
> I gave up smoking back in the days when it was still legal in offices here.
> I used to end the working day with an enormous ashtray full of fag-ends,
> which is unthinkable these days. Even though it was still legal to smoke in
> offices, the company I was with instigated a no-smoking policy and we had to
> go and stand outside. At first I resented the limitation on my freedom to
> kill my colleagues slowly, and make their days even worse than they already
> were, but before long it was obvious that it gave me several extra breaks
> during the day and plugged me into a rather democratic network where you got
> to befriend a lot of people you wouldn't otherwise even have met.

I've never been a smoker. I'm one of those people that tends to be
hypersensitive to it. If I smoke a cigarette, my throat will be
thrashed for a month, and that's without inhaling.

However, I've noticed the social benefits of smoking. When my ex-wife
and I split I was working at a large company, and one of the women
there (not a direct cow-orker) that I considered particularly
attractive was a smoker. I was tempted to take it up to have an excuse
to hang out with her.

--
Photographs are like sentences, the best ones have both subjects and verbs.
Larry Colen             l...@red4est.com            http://www.red4est.com/lrc