I hadn't really had a chance to take any shots with my K20 yet. So
when I got to work, and the weather gave me a decent view of the
cliff, not too disimilar from a week ago when I shot it with the K100,
I figured that it would be an interesting comparison of the two.

As expected, since the conditions were squarely within the
capabilities of the K100 I don't see a lot of difference that isn't
overwhelmed by differences in post processing.

For fun, after shooting it with the A*200, just like last week, I also
took some frames with the 18-250 at various focal lengths, up to
200mm.

Shot on 090226 with the K100Dsuper and the A* 200/2.8:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157614416872469/

Shot on 090304 with the K20D, the first two with the A* 200/2.8
(21&26) and the rest were shot with the DA 18-200 because my inner
measurbator was curious about relative performance of the two lenses
aperture and shutterspeed were about the same:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157614824598610/

When I dive in and start pixel peeping, I am impressed with the
sharpness of the K20D, but I'd probably have to print something poster
sized to see a significant difference in near ideal conditions such as
these.

I've barely had a chance to RTFM. My first impressions of the camera
are that it might have been designed specifically to perfectly fit my
hands. I was also quite surprised at how much difference the
pentaprism viewfinder makes, it actually seems possible to manually
focus without a katzeye, though I suspect I'll be getting one before
too long. Autfocus seems a bit snappier, but I don't have much to go
on.

The RGB histograms are wonderful to have, as are the plethora of
functions that have been brought out from deep within menus to their
own buttons.

I don't know as if I'll be taking better pictures, but I'm certainly
hoping to lose a lot fewer of them to "circumstances" such as not
enough light, or a full buffer.

I'm also going to need to start investing in some 4G SDHC cards. I'd
been avoiding them because they aren't as fast as SD cards, but only
80 shots per card may start getting a bit tiresome. Imagine that 2.5
rolls of film per card isn't enough!

--
Every medium suffers from its own particular handicap. Photography's
greatest handicap is the ease with which the medium as such can be

Larry Colen             l...@red4est.com            http://www.red4est.com/lrc