Over here the Environmental Protection Agency would be all over that like flies on crap - be declared a hazardous waste zone !

Kenneth Waller
http://www.tinyurl.com/272u2f

----- Original Message ----- From: "Toine" <jack.isid...@gmail.com>

Subject: Re: PESO: Beer or coke?

Thanks for all your nice comments. Some wondered where and what this is:
It's the official cartographic start of a small river (a stream, creek
or brook I don't know the difference) in dutch "beek". The whole
region is called a "beekdal" or stream valley.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=51.311757,5.536637&spn=0.019931,0.0315&z=15

Since this is the netherlands everything is flat and a valley is only
a few meters difference. The region isn't even a proper "wetland" they
installed small water gates to keep the water level in the area high
enough for a wetland.
Most of the dutch nature is mixed with farmland and worse with lots of
cattle and pig breeding, The pig population outnumbers the human
population. The resulting manure is used to fertilize the land, since
the soil is mainly sand the manure seeps through.
What you see is the smelly result captured by the water gate.

The good news is I like these pictures and the forest and wetland
surrounding this smelly water gate is my favorite foraging spot.

Toine