> On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 4:07 AM, Bob W <p...@web-options.com> wrote:
> > Samuel Pepys's blog:
> >
> > http://www.pepysdiary.com/
>
> I think someone's pulling your chain here, Bob.
>
> They didn't actually have computers back then.

True, but they had office drudges:

"Friday 2 March 1665/66
Up, as I have of late resolved before 7 in the morning and to the office,
where all the morning, among other things setting my wife and Mercer with
much pleasure to worke upon the ruling of some paper for the making of books
for pursers, which will require a great deale of worke and they will earn a
good deale of money by it, the hopes of which makes them worke mighty hard."