Coming in late on this - busy the last few days - but like many issues, context and details make a difference. I totally agree with the original premise if there is an auction, and a handful of PDMLers have found it, the gentlemanly thing to do is to let them have at it without complicating their life by bringing the auction to the attention of the larger PDML list. However, many items on eBay are NOT auctions. They are simple sales where a "BIN" is the only option. In that case, I say announce away. Spread the word. With a fixed price there is no chance that multiple interested parties will drive the price higher.

stan