"Alberto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I own an A 70-210/4
>I like it and its overall qualty, but I would like to go for autofocus
>I would like a more speed lens also
>What are the AF options in pentax K-mount ?

For 70mm or 80mm to 200mm zooms that are faster you're going to be looking at
the big, expensive f2.8 lenses. Your choices are the Sigma EX 70-200/2.8 APO,
the Tokina 80-200/2.8 ATX Pro and the Pentax FA*80-200/2.8.

The Sigma and Tokina are around $700-$800 and the Pentax is around $1300.
If that doesn't make the decision for you, get the Pentax! I haven't used the
Sigma or Tokina but I do have the Pentax and it's a magnificent lens (it's
pretty uncommon to find a used one for sale anywhere but I got one used at KEH).
It's the lens that won me over from being pretty much a "prime only"
photographer as far as my serious work goes. It's a little bigger and heavier
than either of the other lenses (although they're all big and heavy) but it does
focus a lit closer (15 inches close) than the others.

Many of my best recent shots were taken with this lens. Some can be seen at
http://www.robertstech.com/mendon_p.htm
http://www.robertstech.com/fall_2k1.htm
The "alt" tags for the thumbnails contain camera/lens/film information so you
can see what equipment was used for each shot - putting the mouse over the
thumbnail should bring up the text in most web browsers.

--
Mark Roberts
www.robertstech.com