John Francis wrote:

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 11:51:07AM -0400, frank theriault wrote:
On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 11:41 AM, ann sanfedele <ann...@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
<snip>
seriously, there isn't anyway it couldn't at least be annoying to the dog...

I think anyone that would do that to an animal is putting there own welfare
well above the doggie's

food coloring does not = benign...

It might not be criminal but it is certainly not nice.
I have to agree with you here, Ann.  The thing about it (other than
the fact that it's possibly mildly toxic as well as annoying for the
dog) is that the animal has no choice in the matter.  A human can
weigh the pros and cons and decide if they want to do it;  the dog
obviously has no say, so to impose something like that on it just
isn't fair, IMHO.

So, by that logic, I assume you support all the bans on photography
in public places?  After all, that's imposing something (the act of
being photographed) on the subjects - something in which they have
no say, and which they apparently often feel is annoying and unfair.

Com'on John.. that comparison is silly

In the spectrum of human mistreatment of animals, I really have to
feel that applying colouring (probably tested on humans :-) to an
apparently healthy and well-fed dog, who appears to be enjoying
the attention he gets, just doesn't even register as a real issue.

Ohoh back to the "truth in Photography" theme :-)

There are actually a lot of things ones domestic pets not only tolerate but enjoy that are bad for them... My cat would love to eat rubber bands but doing it could kill her... she wouldn't mind having tuna every day and cream of tomato soup both of which ,thank goodnes, someone clued me to were toxic for kitties before I'd treated her to much.

I'm also concerned, healthwise, about "Blue Man Group" - but at least they are doing that too themselves.

I aint back'in down on this

ann