Well, in my experience, a 20X30 on *istD looks better than a 20X30 on
film.  The issue is grain vs sharpness.  The grain from 35mm even
fine grained is pretty visible at 20X30.  The digital doesn't show
that at all - just nice and clean looking.  But the digital won't be
super sharp if you 'print sniff' - so from a normal viewing distance,
the *istD image will probably look better.  I have a 20X30 metallic
print sitting on the wall to look at from my desk shot on the *istD
and the DA 16-45.  Looks better than any 35mm print I have ever had
done.

--
Best regards,
Bruce

DGAJ> 1)  A full-power blast from a Vivitar 5200 flash pointed at
DGAJ>     the ceiling, will cause my Magnavox VCR to eject its
DGAJ>     cassette.  (I guess I know it's throwing off IR ... but
DGAJ>     I was pretty sure of that already.)

DGAJ> 2)  Always carrying an SLR around provides a handy clue for
DGAJ>     folks looking for a photographer to do a family portrait.

DGAJ> 2a) This'll be the second gig in a row since getting the
DGAJ>     *istD where I'll be shooting film.  Huh.  (Client
DGAJ>     wants a poster-sized print and wallets -- please do
DGAJ>     correct me if I'm wrong, but my thinking is that for a
DGAJ>     20"x30" print, I probably want to be using a fine-grained
DGAJ>     film instead of the *istD ... right?  I know 300 dpi is a
DGAJ>     good rule of thumb for most prints, but assuming most
DGAJ>     folks don't stand that close to a print that large,
DGAJ>     what's a good minimum resolution to aim for in a poster
DGAJ>     sized portrait?)

DGAJ> 2b) As usual, I have no $#%^ing idea what a reasonable
DGAJ>     rate to charge is.  Gonna attempt to Google up a clue.

DGAJ>                                         -- Glenn

DGAJ> PS:  Sorry to be absent from the list so much.  Health issues,
DGAJ> many days feeling zombie-like, behind on pretty much all forms
DGAJ> of communication.

DGAJ> --
DGAJ> PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List
DGAJ> PDML@pdml.net
DGAJ> to UNSUBSCRIBE from the PDML, please visit the link directly
DGAJ> above and follow the directions.