On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Jack Davis <jdavi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Wife and I took a country drive this PM looking for photo targets of
> opportunity.
> This cabin is off of hwy 70 (for the area folks) just as one begins the climb
> up and through the Feather River Canyon. Beautiful, steep, winding,
> 'thrilling' drive..depending upon the road/weather conditions.
>
> Jack
>
> K20, DA*50~135
>
> http://photolightimages.com/aspupload/detail.asp?ID=391

That is a lovely photograph, Jack.

I know I'm repeating myself here, but those old abandoned buildings
make me wonder:  Who lived there?  Who died there?  How many kids
played in that yard?  How many little triumphs and tragedies took
place in and around that place?  Why did the last family (or whoever
lived there) leave?  Were they foreclosed?  Did they finally save up
enough to move on to a better place?  Did the last owner just die and
no one else wanted it?  I guess we'll never know...

Nice shot!

cheers,
frank