There's an FA43 on craigslist for $390. This seems to be a pretty good
price for the lens, but I don't see a lot of examples of used ones for
sale to compare.

How much bigger is the 43 than the DA 40 with the sunshade? Having
both lenses would be rather redundant, as well as brutal on my
finances. I love the DA40 for its size, but another stop of speed
would be wonderful, and the 43 is supposed to be even sharper.

If I were to go for the 43, would someone be interested in my 40?

The only new price I saw that even came close was tri-state at about
$440, and they've got a bit of a shaky reputation.

--
The fastest way to get your question answered on the net is to post
the wrong answer.