In my ongoing search for the perfect portrait lens, I picked up one of the new DA*55/1.4 lenses yesterday. My initial impression is that it is about as sharp and contrasty a lens as is possible to buy on this planet.
Of course, for what they wanted for it, it had bloody well better be good.
The AF is a little painful, it reminds me of the first generation Pentax AF, only quieter. I probably won't be doing much shooting with it for the next few days, but I have a shoot booked in for next Sunday, with the possibilty of another one as well.

Pictures in a while.

William Robb