I do it with the clone tool using a small and soft brush. I just select an area directly adjacent and clone it in. Where there are lines through the scratch, just make sure you get them aligned properly. That's easiest with CS4, which shows you the clone patch you're pasting in. Many of my film negs came back from the lab with scratches. I've fixed countless scans. That's one thing I don't miss about film -- from among many.
Paul