Frigging F1 decided to start the race later this year to pander to the freaking Europeans. It started here at 2-frigging-AM. I really need to get a Tivo...

Actually an announcer on Speed TV said the late start was a concession to Bernie, who wanted a race under lights. They refused due to the extra cost but went with a later start as a concession. Apparently the Australian F1 race has not been a money maker for the organizers & they weren't going to dig a deeper hole for Bernie.

Kenneth Waller
http://www.tinyurl.com/272u2f

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christian" <christ...@skofteland.net>
Subject: Re: OT: F1 Fun in the Sun

Cotty wrote:
On 29/3/09, Joseph McAllister, discombobulated, unleashed:

I hope none of you mates in Australia got sunburns watching the
season's first F1 race in Melbourne!
Anybody put up the around $200 dollars for admission? Or $350 for
decent vantage?

It was quite the show, with multiple new regulations and designs.

Reports and photos please!

The race started at 7am local time here and I was up and had to be near
London for a half-marathon (working today). Normally record the race
when I'm working but had it on the box as I was getting ready and
pumping coffee into the veins. Finished off by listening to the end on
the radio as it happened, the national anthem pumping away as I was
driving over the Lambourn hills to the M4 in lovely light. Go Brits :-)

Frigging F1 decided to start the race later this year to pander to the freaking Europeans. It started here at 2-frigging-AM. I really need to get a Tivo...

Christian