Yes, I understood what you were saying.  But, you must remember,
that anything you see on your screen was downloaded to your
computer either by a web browser, an FTP client, or as an
attachment to an e-mail.  No matter how it gets there, it must
be downloaded.  If you look in your web browser cache, you'll
see all of the pictures you viewed on the web from as far back
as your web browser keeps them and providing they don't exceed
the size limits of the cache.  So, e-mail attachment or some
other type of download, the bytes have to be transferred from
one computer to another in order to be viewable, or usable, by
any or all of us.

Len (Who has waxed pedantic enough.  Attribute this to my age.)
-----

> In a message dated 12/27/2001 2:55:44 AM Pacific Standard
Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>

> > Actually, in order for a person to view any picture on his
own
> > computer, he has to download them.  There's no other way to
get
> > the image there.
> >
> > Huh? No...I was speaking of posting them to a site
accessable to
> > everyone...go to the link and there they'd be...you wouldn't
need to
> > download them to view them because they would be part of a
web page...

> > Brendan
> -
> This message is from the Pentax-Discuss Mail List.  To
unsubscribe,