----- Original Message ----
From: Cotty <cotty...@mac.com>
To: pentax list <PDML@pdml.net>
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 1:54:42 AM
Subject: Re: GESO - Dame Helen

On 29/3/09, Brendan MacRae, discombobulated, unleashed:

>And nice to have those terrific studio lights to shoot under, no?

Interesting point - the lighting set they use for the programme was too
dark for me! They have a live background shot playing on the large
screen behind throughout the programme (you can see it behind her in 1109)

http://gallery.me.com/cottycam#100027/IMGP1109&bgcolor=black

> ok, that's interesting. Who would've thunk it.

and so the lighting is surprisingly subdued. I got them to push a bank
up to full on one side to give me some decent key - I tried the flash
once and nearly threw up.

> <I laugh!)

They're for website use, but I printed a couple up to A4 and they look
nice. The *ist Ds is a surprising little performer.

> I've never used any of the *ist cameras but I can't argue with many of the
> praises sung on this list.

-B