On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 05:26:41PM -0400, frank theriault scripsit:
> On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 5:21 PM,  <eactiv...@aol.com> wrote:
> > Reread. One pixel sensor.

> And, re-read the SL, too!  Now that I look at it in a different light,
> it's quite funny.

One-pixel sensors (in moving-mirror arrays) are in active development
for things like cell phone cameras.  No focus issues; you get
effectively infinite depth of field.

It's kinda like reconstructing the viewpoint of the lighting array based
on the take at the camera, which has also been demonstrated.

Which I think makes it a slightly better prank; there's a thin tinge of
possibility to the first couple sentences.

-- Graydon