From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
Larry Colen
Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 8:49 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: do any m42 adapters do auto stopdown?

The m42 lenses stop down by pushing in on the rod. The k-mount stop down
by pushing sideways on a lever.  I can imagine something where the
widget that pushes sideway on a lever, would push on a hinged doo-hickey
(pardon the technical engineering jargon) that then pushed on the rod on
the lens.

Does such an m42 to k-mount adapter exist?

On a related note, is what we call m42 the same as what machinists call
M42?

http://www.besly.com/catl/catl4124ps.htm#M42

--
The fastest way to get your question answered on the net is to post the
wrong answer.

follow the directions.