Hey Jim.  That's cool.

I think you'll be suitably impressed, whether you were referring to the
PZ-1p or MZ-S.

To continue you this thread, I still don't think the PZ-1/1p's lack luster
sales had anything to do with the camera itself.

It had more to do with:

1.  The lemming-like approach to buying an SLR that is practiced by the
general public (i.e. everyone says Nikon's the best so it must be best).
2.  The fact that most salespeople are more interested in their wallet and
will sell the highest profit, highest spiff item first.  Not condemning
that, they need to eat to.
3.  The pitiful lack of advertising done by Pentax at the time.
4.  Pentax was already so far behind the big 2 in brand recognition, the
competition was just too great for a "pro"-camera body at this time.
5.  I was not into AF at the time, but apparently there were not many lenses
available.

When I bought mine 3.5 years ago,  I was originally intending to get a Nikon
something or other.  The N70, I just didn't like.  The N90 was nice, and I
was fully intending to purchase one, but no RTF and the price for a Nikon
flash head was outrageous.  It was then I looked at the PZ-1p and really
started comparing it.  Wow!  And I can continue to use my MF lenses on it.
IMO, it's simply impossible to get more for your money, if you're in the
market for an AF body.

I think we'll see the same kind of sales pattern with the MZ-S.  It's
already been reported as "hard to find" in stores by a number of people on
this list.  Items that are not stocked or not displayed, not to mention not
handed to the customer, just don't sell that well.  I suspect most buying it
are former Pentax owners.  I hope it does do well.  I'd like to see at least
one more high end 35mm body by Pentax.

Tom C.