> Thanks for the update!
> My friend in Viareggio said they just barely felt it, their
> young son
> awakened but didn't know why.
>
> I've been thinking of all those displaced and killed by the quake. A
> sad day.
>
> Also the historical architecture that has been destroyed.
>
> Godfrey

Some of Cartier-Bresson's most famous pictures were taken in Aquila degli
Abruzzi, as it was then known. The town drew a lot of photographers because
it was quite remote until relatively recently, and people continued to dress
in distinctive local clothing for a long time after such things had been
homogenized elsewhere. Set against the beautiful architecture it must have
been a wonderful sight, and a beautiful place. I do hope it can be restored
- because of the photographs I have always wanted to go there.

Scroll down on this page to see the best known:
http://hanulh.egloos.com/1408823

Bob