First, I like them. Some - ok, most - could be enhanced, but then it's very easy to do that on a desk, looking at ease from pic to pic and discovering some major issue we didn't see live. :-)

First (now the first photo), I'd crop heavy, losing the cut stems from the flowers and anything above her head. I'd lose the end of the veil and probably some of the back of her arm.

Second (yes, the second photo), I'd probably lose the sidekicks, lots of floor and ceiling - or flip the camera for start. Like very much the way they tower above anyone else, but the floor disrupts that feeling.

Third - not so easy to improve, since I also like the idea. Longer lens from a slightly greater distance, maybe? Would it be possible??

Fourth, very close to perfect (I like the idea too), maybe if he would be either holding her hand or offering his hand to her??

Fifth, the one with the green hose... crop it out, not because it is that awful, but because the moment the bride and groom kiss everything else fades away... or at least should. ;-)

John, much better than my first wedding photos, not as good as your next... and not a worry since the bride smiled. As long as they're happy, don't lose sleep over some pic you could have done otherwise. The next pic will always be better.

LF

John Celio escreveu:
http://www.neovenator.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=1230

You will not be seeing the many photos that I hate (which is the vast majority of them), even though the bride liked them all. I learned VOLUMES shooting this wedding. There are so many "woulda coulda shoulda" photos! I've got a long list of things to do differently next time.

Comments welcome, but I know they're not perfect and pretty cliche. Please ignore the green hose and beige plastic box in the barn photos that I completely missed at the time. My self-esteem regarding this shoot is in a constant state of flux, shifting between "Gosh this turned out well," and "Holy crap I am going to die of embarassment."

John

--
http://www.neovenator.com
http://www.cafepress.com/calemp