JC O'Connell
hifis...@gate.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
Matthew Hunt

> The entire thread and original post was all about
> the relative DOF ( how to increase or decrease
> DOF in an image relative to ANY reference DOF ).

But your claims regarding relative DOF are only valid if the image
format (film size, crop factor, whatever you want to call it) is
constant.

A change in format leads to a change in allowable CoC, which you're
dropping on the floor.  If you dispute that the allowable CoC is
different for different formats, then you are the one who is claiming
there's an "absolute" DOF.

NO NO NO NO,

My post is ALL INCLUSIVE. The only thing that affects (increases or
decreases)
the image DOF is : (the image magnification in-camera) & (f-stop used).
Format, crop
factors, COC, print size, etc, blah blah blah have ZERO effect on DOF.
That is the common myth
I am trying to dispell. Its all about image magnification and f-stop and
THATS IT.
Changing the format, film size, "COC" means nothing..........ONLY
changes to the image magnification
and f-stop change the DOF.

JCO