On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 04:04:27PM -0400, frank theriault wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:
> <snip>
> > and I saw this triangle on the stop of it. Having just seen Paul's
> > series, I was inspired to take this shot and play the game too:
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/3410827921/sizes/l/
>
> I generally like it, but I find the bokeh a bit harsh.  Maybe it was
> the light, but it's not as smooth as one might expect or hope.  What
> lens?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/3410827921/meta/
Lens:   TAMRON AF 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Di II LD Aspherical [IF] MACRO

Camera: Pentax K100D Super
Exposure:      0.013 sec (1/80)
Aperture:      f/9.0
Focal Length:  65 mm
Exposure:      0.00
ISO Speed:     200
Exposure Bias: 0 EV

Maybe I'll have to head back and shoot it again with one of the primes.

> > Inspiration from a friend, or ripping off an idea, either way, I
> > thought it was a fun shot.
> <snip>
>
> I think it's a fun shot, too!

thanks.

I find that this list gives me all sorts of ideas for things to shoot,
or how to shoot them.

Playing off Scott's Nishiki shots, I tried getting some of my legnano
yesterday,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/3420760782/in/set-72157616364177263/

They'll need a bit more work. One of these days I may even bring the
bike home to wash it for a shoot. In the mean time, when the weather's
nice, I ride it to lunch, and always bring my camera along.

--
The fastest way to get your question answered on the net is to post
the wrong answer.