Pål  wrote:

As I understand it, Pentax will release a digital slr (the MZ-D) when a CCD
that meets Pentax standards and at an acceptable cost is available. When
this will happen is unknown to me.
I doubt Pentax will release anything but a full size chip and strongly
suspect that anything like the D30 is seen as way below Pentax standards.

I agree, Pentax would be silly to settle for anything less than the 6MP
chip.
The market is ripe for just such a SLR.
If Pentax was to be the first out with one, even at a price higher than the
competition, it would create such a stir, and have such appeal, I reckon
serious photographers would sell their Grandmothers to have one.

It has to happen, and it must happen within the new year.

Just imagine such a camera coupled with the new primes.
If that isn't a recipe for putting Pentax back on the top of the heap, I
don't know what is.
It could be Pentax's last chance to be taken seriously in the pro camera
stakes.

I know I'm kneeling at the foot of the bed every night before going to
sleep.

Regards,

Max